Panela is handcrafted natural cane juice, dehydrated through an artisan process that retains nutrients and results in a delicious caramelesque flavour. Packed with goodness and flavour, Panela can be used as a replacement for refined sugar. It is perfect in coffee and ideal for cooking and baking.
- 100% pure, natural, unrefined and unbleached raw cane sugar
- 100% biodegradable packaging made from sugar cane and corn
- Pura Panela has a lower environmental footprint compared to refined sugar.
- Panela is a sustainable product for the Colombian farming communities who produce it. Over 350,000 families make their living with their ‘trapiches’ producing Panela.
- It is CO2 neutral: the pressed and milled sugarcane (‘bagazo’) obtained in the processing of Panela is used for thermal energy in its production.
- It is water neutral: rainwater is used for the cultivation and production of Panela.
- Pura Panela uses the sugar cane ‘bagasse’ (dry, fibrous residue) to make its biodegradable packaging.