2 white onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
500g carrots, diced
1kg sweet potatoes, diced
800ml coconut milk
200ml vegetable stock
2tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pan, gently cook the onion in the oil until soft and starting to colour.
2. Add the garlic, carrot and sweet potato and cook for another minute.
3. Add the coconut milk, stock, tomato puree and spices
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer for around 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from the heat and blend until very smooth using a stick blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with a little crushed chilli if you fancy an extra kick!