The Aura Que Hemanta Cable Knit Beret is a stylish addition to any wardrobe. Hand-knitted from 100% wool, with an attractive cable design. Skilled workers in Kathmandu, Nepal, knit every hat by hand, meaning that each one is unique. A jersey lining at tbe brim adds extra softness and warmth. The cotton jersey is also from local Nepalese sources.
Aura Que Hemanta Cable Knit Beret at a glance:
- Stylish cable knit beret
- Dimensions: 27cm x 27cm x 3cm
- To fit head circumference 55-60cm. One size fits adult.
- Care instructions: Machine washable on a cool wash. Do not tumble dry. Keep dark colours separate.
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- AURA QUE works closely with small producer groups that are WFTO (World Fair Trade Organisation) members to ensure healthy and safe work environments and payment of living wages.
- Workers, usually women, are able to base themselves at their own homes, thus enabling them to not only work but also be around their families.
- The company aims to carbon offset all its air miles in order to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Manufacturing uses minimal machinery, for example, most of the sewing machines rely on motion foot pedals without using energy supplies
- Wastage is reduced by reusing and recycling as much as possible, both in the office and the workshops.
- All paper correspondence is printed onto recycled FSC-certified paper. Most of the materials used are sourced locally, not only to promote traditional skills but also to reduce the transport of materials to manufacture.
Read more about Fair Trader Holmfirth here https://www.fairtrader.info/about-fair-trader