MITA handmade felt teal slip-on mule slippers are individually handcrafted by a women’s co-operative in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. Each piece is made around a reusable ‘resist’ mould and felted by hand, then felted more around reusable resin EU size last to give a consistent shoe size. They are dried in the sun and the suede sole is beautifully machine-stitched into place to finish each pair.
Size up if in any doubt, as the slippers are comfy with thin socks and better roomy. While the slippers will mould gently to the wearer’s feet with use, their lifespan will be extended if they are not stretched.
- Handmade felt slippers – teal green.
- Inside sole padding for comfort.
- Finished with hardwearing leather suede soles.
- Dimensions: L17xW13xD3cm. Height to heel is approx. 17cm.
- Azo-free dyes.
- Wool has natural antibacterial properties.
- Care instructions: Spot clean with a damp cloth. Do not submerge in water. Please treat with care. A suede brush may be useful for cleaning this product.
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- AURA QUE works closely with small producer groups that are WFTO (World Fair Trade Organisation) members to ensure healthy and safe work environments and payment of living wages.
- The company aims to carbon offset all its air miles in order to reduce its carbon footprint. Minimal machinery is used in the manufacture of products, with most of the sewing machines relying on motion foot pedals without using energy supplies. Wastage is reduced by reusing and recycling as much as possible, both in the office and the workshops.