Namaste Sanjona Woollen Socks are hand-knitted by artisans in Nepal and made from 100% New Zealand wool.
This cosy festive sock is a perfect home comfort for those cold wintery nights or a colourful addition to wear with your favourite winter boots. Brightly coloured with pink, green and black accents brought together around a soft pastel blue hue.
Namaste Sanjona Woollen Socks at a glance:
- One size only.
- 100% New Zealand wool.
- Country of origin: Nepal.
- ONLINE ONLY – Not available in Holmfirth store.
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- Namaste is a small company with a strong ethical policy. The company believes that the best way to reduce poverty in the developing world is through trade.
- Namaste’s Nepali supplier supports home working for their employees. This means that women can both work and support their family.
- The company buys from small-scale producers who use largely natural materials and traditional techniques to produce interesting and beautiful articles.
- It follows the ten principles of the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) and regularly reviews procedures and achievements according to these principles.
- Namaste is a BAFTS (British Association for Fair Trade Shops and Suppliers) member and supports Child Rescue Nepal (formerly the Esther Benjamins Trust).
Read more about Fair Trader Holmfirth here https://www.fairtrader.info/about-fair-trader