The Nkuku Mendi Short Basket is a beautiful addition to any home. Handmade using natural seagrass, it is both practical and eye-catching. The seagrass is sustainably sourced in Vietnam. Local artisans then hand weave the baskets. Use as an attractive plant pot cover, or as a handy storage basket for linen, craft supplies or even pet toys! The basket has an open weave and a sturdy, closely weaved base and top edge. Due to the handmade nature of these items, no two are exactly the same.
Nkuku Mendi Short Basket at a glance:
- Natural, sustainable seagrass
- Hand woven by artisans in Vietnam
- Approx 16cm x 26cm x 26cm
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- Nkuku works with independent businesses, social projects and co-operatives and builds strong relationships with its suppliers. The company focuses on transparency and makes regular visits to assist with production queries and offer support and advice.
- Nkuku works with natural and recycled materials and uses sustainable methods of production. Many of its products are handmade from waste materials left over from other industries including cotton from discarded t-shirts, leather, metals and glass, as well as recycled saris.
- In addition, Nkuku recycle their admin waste wherever possible, for example for trade deliveries. Air freight is also kept to a minimum and packaging is reviewed regularly.
Read more about Fair Trader Holmfirth here https://www.fairtrader.info/about-fair-trader