The Aura Que JANGALI Glass Bead Bracelet uses traditional methods. This lovely handmade recycled glass bead bracelet makes use of glass from shattered bottles and jars. They are produced in the southern part of Nepal, close to the Indian border. Since these beads are from producers making only small quantities, there may occasionally be minor changes from earlier stock.
Made by hand in rural Nepal by craftsmen. The relationship between AURA QUE and the small Nepalese workshop, which oversees the manufacturing and employs marginalised people and provides them with opportunities through labour, dates back to 2006. Each AURA QUE product is meticulously handmade, and the individual backstory of each one adds to its beauty.
Aura Que JANGALI Glass Bead Bracelet at a glance
- Loop length is approximately 20cm
- Matching necklace available
- Yellow and grey patterned recycled glass bead bracelet
- Recycling glass from bottles and jars
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- AURA QUE works closely with small producer groups that are WFTO (World Fair Trade Organisation) members. Ensuring healthy and safe work environments and payment of living wages is a priority for AURA QUE.
- The company aims to carbon offset all its air miles which reduces its carbon footprint. The manufacturing process aims to use minimal machinery. For example, most of the sewing machines rely on motion foot pedals instead of using energy supplies. Reusing and recycling as much as possible reduces wastage, both in the office and the workshops.
Read more about Fair Trader Holmfirth here https://www.fairtrader.info/about-fair-trader