Using methods that have been handed down through the years, this lovely handmade recycled glass bead necklace is manufactured from shattered bottles and jars. They are produced in the southern part of Nepal, close to the Indian border. Women in Nepal’s hill and mountain regions wear the traditional glass bead necklaces. Since these beads are produced in small quantities, there may occasionally be minor changes from earlier stock.
Made by hand in rural Nepal by craftsmen. The relationship between AURA QUE and the small Nepalese workshop, which oversees the manufacturing and employs marginalised people and provides them with opportunities through labour, dates back to 2006. Each AURA QUE product is meticulously handmade, and the individual backstory of each one adds to its beauty.
- Loop length is approximately 60cm
- Matching bracelet available
- Yellow and grey patterned recycled glass bead necklace
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- AURA QUE works closely with small producer groups that are WFTO (World Fair Trade Organisation) members. Ensuring healthy and safe work environments and payment of living wages is a priority for AURA QUE.
- The company aims to carbon offset all its air miles which reduces its carbon footprint. Minimal machinery is used in the manufacture of products, with most of the sewing machines relying on motion foot pedals without using energy supplies. Wastage is reduced by reusing and recycling as much as possible, both in the office and the workshops.