The Namaste Dabu Printed Sarong is a beautiful sarong, finished with a stunning sari brocade. Hand block printed in India using the traditional Dabu technique. The Dabu method involves mixing natural clay and wheat chaff . Artists use the resulting “mud” in hand printing the fabric. Once dry, the mud is removed and the whole cloth is dyed. The dye does not take to the areas covered by the mud, thus leaving unique patterns. This truly is an exquisite item. Not only a holiday essential, the sarong can also be used as a generous scarf throughout the year. The striking pink design complements many outfits, adding both colour and interest
The Namaste Dabu Printed Sarong at a glance:
- 120cm x 180cm
- 100% Cotton
- Hand Crafted In India
- Hand printed using traditional techniques.
WHY WE SOURCED THIS SUPPLIER
- Namaste is a small company with a strong ethical policy based on the belief that the best way to reduce poverty in the developing world is through trade.
- The company buys from small-scale producers who use largely natural materials and traditional techniques to produce interesting and beautiful articles.
- It follows the ten principles of the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) and regularly reviews procedures and achievements according to these principles.
- Namaste is a BAFTS (British Association for Fair Trade Shops and Suppliers) member and supports Child Rescue Nepal (formerly the Esther Benjamins Trust).
Read more about Fair Trader Holmfirth here https://www.fairtrader.info/about-fair-trader